Plugable Universal Docking Station Ethernet




Plugable Universal Docking Station Ethernet



My Fellow Amazon Customer say Works great after configured correctly.

This docking station is exactly what I needed. I have a Lenovo Yoga 910, and after doing a lot of research, I wasn't sure there was any way for me to be able to extend its display to two external monitors. Then I found this docking station. Still unsure whether or not it would work, I contacted Plugable support and received a prompt response confirming that it would work with my laptop as desired. I've now received my docking station, plugged it in, and confirm it works wonderfully.

The main reason I wanted to leave this review is to share some of the steps I had to go through to get it set up on Windows 10; the instructions are not 100% clear in this regard.

1) The drivers did not update automatically, so you will need to do this yourself. If you're not sure how to do this, you can open up Windows
Explorer, right click on My Computer, and right click properties. Then click Manage Devices on the left side of the window that opens. In
here, look under USB devices and you should see the Plugable device. Right click on this and choose Update Drivers. Then continue
through the prompts and choose to search for drivers on the Internet. This should get you the drivers you need for it to work.
2) When choosing to extend my display, the display only extended to the monitor that was plugged in with the HDMI cable. You will need to
modify some display settings to get the display to extend to two monitors. Do this my opening your system settings application, click on
the System menu item and then click on the Display menu item. You should see that there are three displays shown in the settings, but
only two are working. To fix this you need to scroll down to the section titled Multiple Displays and choose 'Extend desktop to this display'
from the drop down menu. Now your display should be extended to both monitors and you may need to scroll back up to the top to
rearrange the screens how you want them

Hope this helped anyone experiencing issues setting up dual monitor external display.

My Buddy Bud said HORRIBLE - SO MUCH LAG IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE - BAD SUPPORT.

I was really excited about this because of the reviews, however there is so much lag that it is hard to use. I contacted support and they said to move my mouse dongle to a different port, which I did and it still did not work. I tried everything to get this to work, but there was a lot of lag with my mouse and keyboard it slowed down production. I also had issues with my monitors going blank and not working all of a sudden. I would have to reset the dock station to get them to go back on. Maybe I got a dud, but my experience was not good. I am returning it and buying a different brand. I would not buy again.

UPDATE: I bought a Dell docking station and it was night and day compared to this Plugable. The Dell docking station worked perfect out of the box, and you can tell that the quality is a lot higher than this Plugable one. I would not buy the Plugable docking station and go with a Dell docking station instead.

My Old Neighbor OhItsjeff say Love It!.

Good news. It worked.

So just for everyone else thinking of trying this kind of setup, this is what I’m using.
Surface Pro 4 i7, 16g ram.
Plugable Dual Display Dock along with TWO
Plugable 3.0 to HDMI Adapter connected to it via 3.0 port.
as far as the monitors
THREE HP - 27" IPS LED FHD Monitors (model# T3M86AA#ABA)
I noticed that the displays wouldn't really work with the 2.0 behind the dock, well they did BUT it was laggy when a window would minimize and video play was fine. It went away once I connected the adapters via 3.0, and I must say after looking through every review on amazon, I’m glad I found these dock and adapters.
Right out of the box everything started working. I will post an update some time down the road if i do encounter any issues but so far nothing at all.
Just wanted to say thank you and I hope this helps anyone thinking of using this product. It’s worth it, period. (don’t get the Microsoft dock, it sucks)

My Buddy Jon Radowski experience Like Magic..

Works great! I use this with my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 as a "home base." All the reviews pointed me in this direction rather than the official Microsoft Surface dock, and I'm glad I went this way. Plugged into this docking station I have two external widescreen monitors (one running HDMI to HDMI, the other DVI to DVI, both at 1920x1080 - no discernible difference between the two monitors), wired ethernet, another USB 2.0 4-port hub to connect non-power-sucking peripherals (keyboard, mouse, card reader), audio out, and a USB 3.0 card reader. A single USB 3.0 plug runs to my Surface to lasso all of this together. When I want to leave the house with my tablet, I unplug it and run. When I come back and want to work at my desktablet "workstation," I plug it back in and everything magically works. Can't imagine living a mobile lifestyle without this.

My Old Fellow Amazon Customer said Easy, fast and convenient set up..

I connected this docking station from my laptop to two monitors. Easy to set up. Install updated software to your PC/Laptop, takes two minutes and Plug in the dock to your PC or laptop. Depending on your monitors you will need to purchase a dvi and hdmi cords with whatever connection you have on your monitors. I am also running a straight hdmi from my laptop to a 42" screen. Total of 4 screens in my office. Laptop screen, two 19" monitors and a 42" inch screen tv on my wall. Tv on the wall is not on in the picture but will upload one that does. Hope this info helps.

My Old Chap Katherine Erpenbeck tell us Be wary of supporting dual monitors with this item.

Very disappointed with the docking station. I expected to be able to connect 2 - 27 inch monitors to it. 1 via HDMI and 1 via vga. The vga one appears to work ok, but the HDMI one has been a disaster. I am running windows 10 and a surface pro 2 and using a USB 3.0 (the only usb port on the surface pro 2) and the HDMI display continually blinks and flashes and is essentially un-useable. I searched for help on their web-sites and they do suggest a work around of messing around with the registry settings which does work for a few minutes but before long the displays starts flashing/blinking/etc again. I ensured I had the lasted DisplayLink drivers as recommended and yet the problem persists. Obviously if one of these was not going to work I would prefer it to be the vga connection since that is lower res/quality, but failure of the HDMI connection seems like a big deal. This product seems overpriced for what it claims that it does, but fails to deliver on.

My Old Neighbor Adam said Works seamlessly.

This worked perfectly, better than expected. I am using this for a Surface Pro 4, which has one single usb 3.0 port, and sure enough that single cable is all you need to hook up to expand/dock the Surface to everything needed at the desk. Docking and undocking is seamless, takes about three seconds to sync/sort itself out. This is setup for a coworker who isn't very computer savvy, and it is working flawlessly and without headaches or glitches. The software/driver was easy to obtain and install from their website, and despite running 24/7 has a very small resource footprint.

I am docking to...
-Dual 24in monitors (1920x1080). (handles three screens support when you count the laptop screen, even a 4K)
-Headphones (tested audio in too, works fine)
-Ethernet
-USB ports(have maxed all ports out with devices and everything works smooth at once. webcam, printer, external HD, wireless kb/m dongle, thumbdrive)

Network speed tests, USB read/write speed tests, audio and display quality are all fine for normal use. Got nothing negative to say, I installed this a month ago and havn't needed to go back to tinker with it at all.

My Old Chap thomas say Try something else.

I bought this to connect to a Gigabyte Aero laptop. The laptop has a huge video card for running games and such, and I knew the Displaylink wouldn't be able to keep up with it. So I continued plugging the displays directly into the laptop, and just used the dock for mouse/keyboard, webcam, and wired ethernet. Worked fine for a day. After that, got USB Not Recognized error. Restarted it. Restarted computer. Spent an afternoon uninstalling and reinstalling and using a cleaner utility (why it is necessary to both uninstall, then run a cleaning utility is beyond me. Not sure how any engineer could come up with that, call it a solution, and not feel ashamed of themself). Still wouldn't work. Returned it to try something else.

My Old Chap C. Roth tell us Sound stopped working after exactly 6 months, worked really well up to that point..

This product worked really well for exactly 6 months and then the sound stopped working through it. I've contacted the seller and am waiting for their reply on how to troubleshoot and/or reboot the unit to get the sound back on, or to find out how to replace the faulty unit in the event it doesn't start working again. I will update this review when I hear back from the seller and reach a satisfactory resolution. For a $90 purchase, it should work 100% for more than exactly 6 months.

My Old Neighbor Ace Pilot experience Very laggy.

First, what I liked:
- It has lasted four years. I had purchased two other brands before this that lasted less than a year each.

What I didn't like:
- As others have stated, the mouse and keyboard are extremely laggy. When you move the mouse, it's slow and hard to get to click on the right spots on the monitor. When you type, you are always ahead of what is being typed. Backspacing is one of the biggest problems.

Now I never contacted support about this. In fact, I just recently realized that the docking station was probably what was causing my issues. After unplugging it, the issues went away.

As a workaround, I am just using the docking station for one monitor. The other monitor is plugged into my HDMI port on my laptop and now it seems to be working a lot better.


Comments

POPULAR POSTS

KOZOPO Charger Charging Transfer Compatible

TP Link Deco Whole System Plug

PopSockets PopGrip Swappable Phones Tablets